Thursday, June 18, 2009

Stop! Thief!

I am fresh in from driving errands, one of them errands being a need to return a 2 cd photo-greeting cards disc set I purchased in a yard sale for Three whole freaking dollars. Yaya, 3 bucks is all. Well it was too good to be true. The people who held the yardsale were an entire family.
There was 5 generations there. anyhow, the parents own the place and they r like a gazillion years old. I bought the cd and took it home. I popped it into the computer and was ready to rock and roll on some pic greeting cards to send the the grandchildren for chits and giggles. I open the disc set and there is only one single disc in the box. There is clearly a space for a second disc, but its empty. So It would appear gramps ripped me for 3 bucks. I figure, u know what, I bet the software disc is in their computer still. I decided to pop over and return to the yardsale to see if the other disc was indeed in their computer.....why not, whatever..right? I mean its not such a big deal. Or so I didn't think so anyhow.
I approach and ask the old fart nicely if he may have had the other disc somewhere. He starts in right away on me. He says "nope it only came with one" - now mind you I am holding a 2 disc cd holder with the sleeve and all the labeling claiming there are 'TWO discs' of this and that...right...And he is seriously claiming over and over "nope it only came with 1 disc" So I said, well none the less I bargained for a 2 disc set and it is useless w/o the other disc. He said "too bad, u bought it, it's yours"
His family got real quiet..Oh, I wonder why??? ~giggles~
Itz showtime! Bwahahahaha! Oh Snap! Where's my Broom! Oh no he didn't just say that did he?
OK it'z not really the money here, Im no tightwad, oh yeah I am, but that is besides the point in this case...hehe..its about principle...
Im standing there looking at this half empty box, then looking at him then his family who r still waiting to see how I would deal with their father/grandfather. I should note the family is afraid of dad..period..whatever! I don't scare easily. You'd have to know my father to understand but thats another story.....I want to lose it on the old fart....I held back, for like 3 seconds then I let him have it!
"Back off old man!" "You know what old man! This is the same as stealing. You really shouldn't do your neighbors wrong" I then shook my finger in his face and said "shame on you old man" - I then took the item I paid for out of his hand and tossed it into the garbage can sitting on the curbside. Then I said "you won't resale it and rip someone off again u old fucker" ( Ya I wasn't having none of this BS, he knows what time it is, he knows he does and so do I and so does his family).
Then I walked away and instead of getting back into my car as he thought i would, I walked right next door and right into the house I just purchased yesterday! Yep! I am his new neighbor!! Bwahahahaha!
The family knew I bought the house yesterday as I was over there chatting with them about the immediate neighbors and what issues I need to be aware of. Well they forgot to tell me their dad is a slick willy. Lil freaking thief ripped me off for 3 stinking bucks....giggles...
I am thinking I wont be swift to make them cookies and candies...oh, lookie that, the old sneaky neighbor dude is way down on my goodie list...ha, thats what he gets...how dishonest! it goes to show it can be 3 million dollars or 3 dollars being ripped of, taken advantage of, tricked, etc. feels the same none the less. Why, because its a principle thing! why rip folk off????? now was that 3 bucks worth making his new neighbor feel alienated and not wanna be friendly or helpful to my olden neighbors??? U know?? personally I have this guilt thing going for me. Dishonesty and ripping people off really goes against my grain. I just can't be that way.
Needless to say i am disappointed and a lil pissed off at the situation. I am curious as to the conversation after I went into the house??? Oh to be a fly on that yard sale money collection table..giggles!
Well garsh..now that Ive ranted I feel better...giggles...I swear I am gonna work myself into a stroke someday. Ha! Yaya

4 comments:

  1. You KNOW I love new neighbor stories!! Bwahahahahahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally right, though. If it only had one disc and the one is useless without the other, they should've thrown it in the garbage rather than sell it. Unless, they thought someone out there might have the mate disc and was just praying to find the other one... LOL

    I love how you go into 'bitch mode' when you lose your temper. *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm so glad you stood up to him, and that you're his new nightmare, I mean neighbor! Bwahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete